Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sometimes it might seem as if I've fallen off the edge of the planet but in reality I'm the mother of a 6 month old and a teenager and that'll do it to you. (How do you moms do it with more than that?)

Summit had his first ear infection and of course it wasn't just one ear...it was both. And his little independent spirit has become quite the roadblock with the medication. He would not take them! He squeezed his lips together and spit it out. If I forced it in his mouth he would gag and throw it up. Finally I found a way to trick him. Then the wonderful antibiotics that were supposed to solve the problem have of course caused other problems...I'm sure all you mothers have experienced that with your little ones. So now we're on to curing the "diaper rash". Ugh! Good thing he is so cute and irresitible!!! Here he is sitting up...he's such a big boy now! I can't believe it. He's almost a little man.


Aren't they so cute! Austin is the best big brother ever! The other day when Summit had a horrible fussy day with his ears as soon as Austin walked in the door from school Summit was smiling and all happy to see him. Summit doesn't like Austin enough to take antibiotics from him though.



We love our Uncle Alex....he's so rad!


Can anyone help Summit find the seaweed wrap to his sushi block? He was sucking on it and then all of a sudden it disappeared. He couldn't find it anywhere.
One last thought.....
Isn't being a parents so awesome! I can't believe how amazing it is. Heavenly Father has trusted us with these amazing little spirits...wow...what a big responsibility but I love it! The love you have for your little ones is a love like no other. It's so cool!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Finally!!! I have been waiting for a new blog! Yay, now I am happy. Let's not let almost a month between posts happen. I really did think you feel off the planet.

smeltzer family said...

i miss you terribly!!! are you guys close to san fran at all? we are going to visit family and if you are cose couldvisit you too

Cyndi said...

Yuck! I hate ear infections! but thats pretty good if it is only his first one. Summit is cute as ever, and Austin sure is growing up to be a handsome young man! we miss you guys!