Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Crafting

When we went to WA for Thanksgiving my parents gave me this sewing center for my Christmas gift. I LOVE IT! I just need to put the doors on the top so I can close it all up. I had so much fun organizing all my craft stuff and fabric. Next to it is my cutting table. I have been using the corner of the dining room to store my craft stuff and the dining room table as my craft/cutting table. Not very convenient.





I definitely caught the crafting bug this holiday season. Here are a few of the fun projects I did.
Here are the gifts I made for my family. This first one is a tin star covered in pictures of our family and cool paper. I decopauged all the pieces to the star. It turned out really cool. The second thing I made them was a sign that says "Families are Forever". I painted a piece of wood and attached three 5x5 frames to it with pictures of our family. Then I cut the words out of vinyl on the Sillhouette machine and stuck them on there...Thanks Polly for letting me use your fun machine.

My favorite decoration is my Merry Christmas blocks. I decopauged scrapbook paper onto blocks, cut out letter on a Sillhouette machine, wet embossed all the letters with clear glitter embossing powder and then decopauged them on to the blocks. This project took me hours because I had to have it perfect but it was worth all the time because I LOVE IT!


A tradition in Andrew's family is that each member of the family gives a stocking stuffer to each other member of the family. This year I made ornaments for everyone. I noticed the kids didn't have ornaments with baby pictures on them so I made them each one. This is Alex's.


I was just released as the 11 year old girls Primary teacher so as a Christmas/Goodbye gift I made each girl one of these mirrors. The mirrors were $2.99 at Ikea. I painted the edges of the mirrors brown and then sanded them to give them that worn look. Then I decopauged scrapbook paper on the front of the mirror and decopauged the words "Daughter of God" on the front. They turned out so cute!
Here is my PEACE sign I started last year and finished this year.

I saw a cute idea on a blog before Christmas and I had to do it. So here it is....I opened pop-top cans with a pampered chef can opener that uncrimps the edges. Then I cleaned them out, refilled them with candy and fudge, decorated the outside with paper, ribbon and stamps, and then I glued the lids back on. So here is one example. Then when the person receives it they open it with the little pop top thing. Cute, huh?!

6 comments:

Polly said...

Becky told me that they have found that taking off the bottom of the can works a little better when she has done this. She said sometimes the whole top of the can pops off.

Sarah said...

ummm, did you get the can idea from me? I open the can upside down... You can't tell it has been opened that way. I wish you were here so we could craft together.

Kerri said...

WOW!!! You have been so busy! I love all the crafts you have done! The star is one of my fav's. I saw it at your moms and love it!! Your sewing center looks great too! It sure makes a big difference when you have everything organized! :)

mle said...

Holy WOW! You have a great talent. I am not crafty AT ALL, so I am in awe. :) I remember visiting you when you were at BYU and you were knitting beanies. I had no idea then how crafty you really are!

smeltzer family said...

ohmigosh i wish i was as crafty as you!!!

islandmom said...

Holy Christmas Craft-palooza!!! I'm very impressed! I recognize one of those fonts and it thrills me to death! ;) :) Love ya!